Managing Risk in Construction West
Hosted by The Canadian Institute, the 15th Annual Conference on Managing Risk in Construction Contracts & Projects – Western Canada Edition returns for another exciting year with curated programming that will address the most critical legal challenges from contract negotiation to construction insurance, litigation, and conflict resolution in Western Canada.
Happening January 25-26, 2023, in Edmonton, this annual conference has been specifically designed to provide project owners, managers, and builders with practical strategies to reduce risk and effectively manage project contracts amid uncertainties. With critical challenges arising from pending changes to Alberta’s construction law and the legal ramifications of delay claims during the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s essential to know how to keep your project moving and avoid costly claims and litigation.
This year’s co-chairs are Leanna Olson (Senior Legal Counsel at Bantrel Co.) and Paul Ryzuk (Partner at Miller Thomson LLP). Esteemed faculty joining us this year include Lawrence Ator (Managing Counsel, Pipeline at LNG Canada), Jennifer Brusse (Founding Lawyer at J. Brusse Law), Trent Fequet (President & CEO at Steel River Group) and many more.
The 2023 conference highlights include:
- Creative and winning solutions to address Supply Chain Disruption and Price Escalation following the pandemic and the war in Ukraine
- The new Prompt Payment and Construction Lien Act and how it is working so far
- Leveraging New Technology, legal considerations, and managing the associated risks
- Learning the Art of Negotiating and Drafting Construction Contracts and the Builder’s Lien Procedure from Soup to Nuts through our two pre-conference workshops
- Building and nurturing Indigenous Collaboration and Partnerships to maximize opportunities and minimize risks
About the Conference
The Conference on Managing Risk in Construction Contracts & Projects – Western Canada Edition takes place on January 25 – 26, 2023 in Edmonton, AB. Visit https://bit.ly/38ysKNB to view this year’s agenda and learn more.
Save 10% with the Western Built Magazine promo code: D10-999-WESTERN
About the Canadian Institute
The Canadian Institute conceives, develops, and hosts authoritative conferences, forums, and summits across multiple sectors. The goal at C5 Group is single-minded: to drive business and professional success. Through its various services, the organization provides knowledge, intelligence, insight, analysis, connections, and networking, all designed to create advantage for its customers.